Rockville: Pamela Leach: Candidate for Town Council

Why do you want to be part of the Town Council? 

To me, it is important to be involved in the community in which you live, especially in a small town setting, and the Town Council is one way of being involved. 
 
What are the three best things about your town?  

My husband Ron and I moved to Rockville because of the beauty of the area, the open rural setting and the friendliness of the residents.


Please state your top two priorities if elected to the Town Council;  why are they important and what will you do about them?  

I hope to help support and maintain the General Plan which was created by the residents of Rockville.  I also want to help Rockville move forward responsibly and in a manner which protects what makes Rockville special and provides for its residents without over burdening our resources.


What’s your opinion about the Lake Powell Pipeline project?  

I am very concerned about the cost to the tax payers of Washington County.  The recent rise in property taxes have already created a burden to propety owners and the additional taxes needed to build the pipeline will only add to that burden.  There is also the question of whether it will actually provide the amount of water needed for the growth that is being encouraged in the County.


What, if any, Vision Dixie Priorities would you support and encourage? How?  

I support Vision Dixie's principals which support maintaining air and water quality and conserving water, which protect our scenic landscapes, public lands and and encourage sustainable and responsible growth. 


Do you like/support voting by mail in your town? 

Yes, I think the voting by mail is an excellent idea.  Having the opportunity to review information about issues and candidates on the ballot and then vote in the privacy of your own home I hope will encourage more residents to vote.


Why should a person vote for you? 

I hope that residents will vote for me because they feel I have shown a genuine concern for our communities well-being and that I will continue to support the General Plan.


What is the best way for people to learn more about you?  

Stop and talk to me whenever you have the opportunity.