Virgin: Larry Amodt, Candidate for Mayor

Why do you want to be the Mayor of Virgin?
 
I fell in love with Virgin 42 years ago, served on P & Z for over 12 years, and during that time I have come up with some programs I'd like to see implemented in the town I love.

 What are the three best things about your town?  



The best thing is the people.  We have diversity, talent, caring, cohesiveness, and creativity.  The town has a strong sense of community and service.  The service proffered the Staples after flood is a great example of this.

Please state your top two priorities if elected to be the Mayor;  why are they important and what will you do about them?   
  • Create a town that enhances family life,
  • and attracts the right kind of businesses.


What’s your opinion about the Lake Powell Pipeline project?


It's too early to tell.  When all the reports are done it will be the time to make a decision.

What, if any, Vision Dixie Priorities would you support and encourage? How?

In each of the Vision Dixie sessions, transportation was far and away the overriding need.  We also need to establish a cohesiveness between all towns in our county but particularly in our corridor area.

Do you like/support voting by mail in your town?


 We'll know after Nov. 3

Why should a person vote for you?

I have innovative ideas to help guide us into the kind of town we want.  I'm able to implement and I'm more than willing to listen to our citizens needs.


What is the best way for people to learn more about you? 
I'm always willing to talk, and I'm as honest, and forthright person, who will be open to your needs.  And I am interested in your concerns and will take them to heart.